13 Feb 2010

London Proverb Designs (Idea's & Experimentation)

My laptops ran out of battery and I don't have the charger with me so this is what i've managed to upload so far, using someone else computer now. I like this style a lot, but I've also got some in a nice serif which I think could potentially be more suitable as we now seem to be focusing on old-school proverbs?

In terms of production, they'll be really easy to reproduce and we can hopefully get a load made in one day!

I've included some background info about the saying at the bottom of the poster, which could be a nice touch when we put the designs out in the environment - might encourage people to stop and read, pay more attention to what we're doing. Could maybe list the blog website on the poster as well so anybody who is interested in the designs could learn more about the process behind them? Just an idea...

I think having the text in a grey or slightly washed out colour works well with the project. It gives a sort of 'ghostly' feel to the message and if we're commenting on things that used to be there, or have been forgotten this could be a nice angle to play on?

I've done some mock-ups of the designs in the street, which looks good but didn't manage to save them onto USB before it died. Hopefully, will get a charger later today so will upload more then...




No comments:

Post a Comment